How to become a pilot
You can be a pilot. Aviator Cloud has helped thousands just like you to become pilots. Here are the steps to becoming a pilot and earning a private pilot certificate.
These are the steps to becoming a pilot.
1. 1.Researching your flight training options is the first step in becoming a commercial or private pilot. Compare the available flight school programs and choose the one that best suits your aviation goals.
2. 2. Take an Introductory Training FlyBefore you can enroll in a pilot training program, you must complete an Introductory Training Flight. You will be able to see the aircraft and the quality of instruction offered by a flight school through this flight lesson. This is a great way for you to experience flying from behind the controls.
3. Request a FAA Medical CertificateTo fly, pilots must meet the basic medical requirements. Professional pilots must have higher medical requirements than recreational pilots. They should apply for a medical certificate from an Aeromedical Examiner.
4. Register for FAA Student Pilot CertificateYou can apply for a student flight instructor certificate by visiting the FAA's Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application website. Although you do not need a student pilot certificate in order to begin flying lessons, it is necessary to fly solo during training.
5. Learn to FlyTake flight lessons to begin your journey towards becoming a private pilot.
6. Pass the Private Pilot Knowledge TestYou will need to pass the computer-based FAA private instructor knowledge test during your private pilot flight training. You must have an endorsement from your flight instructor to be eligible for this test.
7. Pass the Private Pilot Practical ExamFinal step to earning your FAA private pilot certification is taking a practical examination with a Designated Flight Examiner (DPE). The exam includes both an oral and flight component. Once you have passed, you will become a private pilot.