Spice Jet Cadet Pilot Program 2023
SpiceJet, one of India's favourite airlines, has launched a Cadet Pilot Programme that aims to provide a world-class training experience to young aspirants who want to take the cockpit of an aircraft. The programme is designed to create trained professionals for the aviation industry and offers an assured job with SpiceJet on completion of the course.
The programme is managed entirely by SpiceJet, which has an order for 200 aircraft in process, and is set to change the face of air travel in India with its massive expansion plans under the regional connectivity scheme. It offers a perfect launchpad for those seeking a high-flying career, and students will be trained at some of the best schools across the world.
The eligibility criteria for the programme includes being an Indian National or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), a minimum age of 17 years, and a maximum of 35 years at the time of applying, a minimum height of 158 cms (approximately 5ft 2inches), fluency in English (both verbal and written), and holding a valid Indian passport. The minimum educational qualification is Higher Secondary (10+2) with a minimum score of 60% each in English, Physics, and Mathematics.
The selection process for the programme is transparent and scientifically designed to determine the candidate's suitability for the job of an airline pilot. It consists of four phases, including the Compass Test, Complex Control Task, Psychometric Test, and Personal Interview. Applicants who pass the assessment process will have to pay a non-refundable assessment fee of INR 25000.
The programme offers three courses: Cadet Pilot Programme, Cadet Pilot Programme + BBA, and Cadet Pilot Programme + MBA. The fee structure for the programme includes four instalments, and the programme duration is 18-24 months.
SpiceJet also offers scholarships for the programme based on academic performance and JEE rank. The scholarship amount ranges from INR 15 Lac to INR 30 Lac.
The programme is managed by DGCA-approved SpiceJet Ground School and Flight Instructors, and the infrastructure includes SpiceJet Aviation Training Academy and SpiceJet-affiliated, DGCA-approved, Flying Training Schools.
SpiceJet has always been committed to creating opportunities for young professionals to pursue their dreams. With the launch of the Cadet Pilot Programme, SpiceJet has taken this commitment to the next level, offering young aspirants a world-class training experience and an assured job with India's favourite airline.
SPICEJET CADET PILOT PROGRAMME
- A program managed entirely by SPICEJET to create ‘FIRST OFFICERS’ for its fleet of Q400 and B737 airplanes.
- You will graduate with a CPL (Indian DGCA) followed immediately by a ‘Type Rating’ on either the Q400 or B737 airplane.
- When you join the program, you will be given a ‘Letter Of Intent’ stating that you will be offered a job as ‘First Officer’ on either Q400 or B737 airplanes upon your successful completion of the Cadet Program.
- Either an Indian National or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holder
- Age between 17 to 35 years as on date of application
- Minimum height of 158 cm
- 10+2 with minimum 60% score each in English, Physics and Mathematics
- You must be fluent in English – both written and spoken.
- Start the application form, by filling your details in the registration form given above.
- Candidate should duly fill the Application form and pay the ‘Application Fee’ of Rs.5000.
- Your application will be screened according to our selection criteria.
- Suitable applicants will receive an invitation to attend a one-day assessment at SpiceJet Office located in Gurugram where they will be required to complete the selection process on day 1.
- Candidates who are successful through this day 1 process will be invited to complete the final selection phase.
The ‘Testing Tools’ used are:
- Online COMPASS test software (Computerised Pilot Aptitude Screening System).
- CCT (Complex Control Task)
- Computer-based Psychometric Exam
- Personal Interview
Note: The candidate has to pay a screening cost of Rs.20,000 before appearing in the screening round.
After filling the Application Form, a candidate can appear for a walk-in interview conducted every Friday.
Selection Process Details
- The selection process involves FOUR Phases or Tests.
- A ‘Pass’ in each Phase progresses the candidate to the next Phase.
- The first three Phases (Phase 1, 2 and 3) are usually completed on the first day.
- The last phase (Phase 4) is completed within one week after completion of Phase 3.
- The first three tests are COMPUTER-BASED (no paper exam).
- Final round would be a personal interview.
- Candidates are NOT ALLOWED Calculators or Cellphones during tests.
- Final result is declared one week after the Phase 4 test.